Friday, January 8, 2010

" The pact of fidelity is not natural but cultural"

As quoted by a psychologist from France.  Isn't that the truth.  We marry because of love rather than for sex.  But we have affairs for sex rather than for love.  Right?  I do love my husband, maybe more now than I have ever loved him.  But I cannot imagine being obligated to have sex for the rest of my life with that one man.  To me it is like going to the same location for a vacation year after year after year.  It gets boring and although my husband and I's sex life is amazing I still find myself wanting a bit of variety.  I don't love the men I hook up with but I do get great satisfaction in being with them.  Is it an ego boost or just the knowing that someone else out there wants to be with you.  So do I think more marriages out there would be better off opening up their marriages to the possibilities of extra-marital affairs...absolutely.  Think of how many marriages would survive the taboo of an affair.  I often wish my husband would go out and have an affair as well so that I wasn't the only one.  But to suggest that to him would mean that I don't care about our marriage which isn't it at all, this is how he would see it though.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment