Monday, March 22, 2010

Out with the Old and in with the New

I had an amazing weekend away.

On Friday I met with Movie Producer for coffee who turned out to be a really nice guy but definitely not my type. We chatted and it was easy being with him and I guess if I hadn't been meeting with B for the first time that night maybe I would have considered more than chatting, but I just couldn't go there. I know sounds really slutty that I would meet two men in one day but you have to understand that I only had the weekend and Friday was the only day that they were available to meet. It did work out perfect though because Movie Producer had to be on the set and pull an all-nighter so coffee in the afternoon was all we could squeeze in.

I was due to meet B at 7:30 so between saying goodbye to Movie Producer at 4:00 I had to squeeze in a pedicure and then run back to the hotel to get ready. Of course I had to update Agnes in between this so I was a bit rushed to get everything done. By 6:30 I realized that I had not eaten all day. Great men have taken over my need to eat as well. So run down for a sandwich and scarf that down and at 7:00 B sends me a text saying that he is about 15 minutes away...fuck he's going to be on time. I did manage to get ready and down to the hotel lounge by 7:30. Thankfully he had problems finding parking so he was a bit late. He had made a plan for us that upon getting to the lounge that we would not talk to each other for 3 minutes and see how we reacted to body language alone (now I'm a very outspoken person and I talk a lot so I was a bit worried about how I would pull this off). Amazingly as soon as I saw him I relaxed and I had no problem feeling comfortable with the 3 minutes of silence. Our hands touched and we looked into each other's eyes it was a great experience. We had further agreed that before speaking after the 3 minutes that we would do a shot of the best Tequila. He ordered 4 shots (which was the first time I heard his voice and it was so much better than I expected) and after shooting our tequila we introduced ourselves. He then leaned over and lightly put his lips on mine. Not a kiss just enough to feel his lips. We sat at the lounge talking and laughing and I was so comfortable with him...we discovered that we had some common interests. We definitely had a connection. He made reference to the series "True Blood" where the vampire has to be invited in by the host. I invited him up to my room.

As soon as the elevator doors closed we were on each other like two teenagers. He is such a good kisser I could of kissed him all night. As soon as the door opened to my hotel room the passion that had started during the 3 minutes of silence continued and he was tender and he told me how he wanted to take it slow because he never wanted it to end. Melting..seriously thought I was melting. With B it was more than just about the sex..it was the connection and how easy it was to be with him. I can't wait to see him again!!!

So this is where I come to the title of this blog...after much thought and spending a weekend all to myself just to think about what my life has to offer I have come to the conclusion that I do not need the garbage men in my life. Dragging me down emotionally and well that is not why I am doing what I'm doing. This was supposed to be fun and me finding the excitement and passion that was missing in my life. So out with the old and in with the new. I am hoping to be strong and reduce my numbers to 1 (Yikes..this may prove to be harder than I think).

Wish me luck..

10 comments:

  1. Hey, don't go changin' to try to please me with their names . . . I'm just trying to get an image of the guy, and all I could think of was Ginger on Gilligan's Island, lol.

    You mentioned squeezing a lot of things in, in this post ;-)

    Sounds like fun.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the timing of all this introspection by you two to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would that be interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, do tell Unfaithful man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that you just didn't talk for 3 minutes and kind of took your time and all the kissing - fabulous. If a man cannot kiss he's done in my mind.

    Glad you may have found the "1" - keep the stories coming! I have a void to fill for at least 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GLNO it totally took us out of our comfort zone but it was a very positive experience. Everyone should try it at least once. I hope he is the one..I just fear that the guilt of infidelity might be our downfall. I was his first....hate that.

    Hang in there GLNO two months will pass by fast with spring on it's way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally liked the not kissing and the Tequila shots. I thought that was quirky and pretty cool.

    Also, as a red head, Ginger isn't a cool nickname ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. See? I'm not the only one who wasn't really into that nickname, lol.

    I'm with GLNO on the kissing thing, too.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, okay I'm sorry I offended the all the red-heads out there. It wasn't meant to be offensive at all. Forgive me??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're forgiven . . . but only because you look so cute in that dress in that AM profile pic ;-)

    XO

    ReplyDelete